ALL RUNNERS RECEIVE A CUSTOM FINISHER MEDAL!!!!
Saturday, September 10, 2022
8:30 PM/ 5K & 10K (8:00 pm/Kid Mile)
R.A. Apffel East Beach Park Pavilion, 1923 Boddeker Rd, 77550
2022 RESULTS!!! Congrats RUNNERS!
- Click here to register online
- Registration includes
- Galveston Island Brewing Co Beer on tap (with proper ID)
- High quality tech shirt with high quality logo
- 2 Manned Waterstops for 5K, 1 for 5.
- Well organized, chip timed and well supported event
About This Event
Start and finish at Galveston’s R.A. Apffel East Beach Park. Run entirely on sand, the Sand Crab is an adventure under the stars on a beautiful Galveston Beach at night! All races are chip timed including the Kid’s Mile. The Sand Crab starts on beautiful East Beach and runs west for 3.1 or 1.55 miles (depending on the event), then turns back to the finish. The course is marked with led lights. Runners are required to run with a flashlight or head lamp. The Kid’s Mile will start at 8 pm. Parents are welcome to run with kids free of charge. The 5K/10K will start at 8:30PM. The 5K run is very walker friendly with a 2hr cut off. The 10K is walkable but will share the 2 hr cut off. 10K runners must be at the 3.1 mile turnaround within 1 hour. There are 2 waterstops with sports drink and water hit 2X ea for the 10K and 1 hit 2X for the 5K.
Kid mile starts at 8PM and will run an out and back. Time limit is 30 minutes. This will be an out and back course and we will have course marshals and adults leading the kids.Â Entry fee includes cotton tee. All kids receive a finisher medal. Awards to top 3 boy and girl.
Awards for Kid’s Mile
- Overall top 3 boy and girl
- Finisher medal to all
Awards for 5K/10K
- 1st Overall M/F
- 1st Master M/F
- Age group top 3: 14 and under, 15-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60 and up.
Thursday September 8 from 11 AM to 1 PM at Cricket Wireless, the official wireless provider of Run In Texas, at 2621 Broadway Avenue J, Galveston, TX 77550
- Friday, September 9 at Galveston Island Brewing Co from 5PM-7PM, located at 8423 Stewart Rd, Galveston, TX 77554.
- Race day from 6-8PM at Apffel Park / East Beach Pavilion, 1923 Boddeker Rd, Galveston, TX 77550
Apffel Park has beach parking for $15. There is a free lot before the entrance to Apffel Beach Park that is first come first serve.
Post Race Party!!!
Celebrate your achievement with a finisher medal, great beer from Galveston Island Brewing and other refreshments!
Kid’s Beach Mile- Includes cotton shirt and post race water and sports drink.
- Kid Mile $25 early and $35 on race day
- 5K*** $55 through 8-10– $65 through 8-27– $75 after that–
- 10K*** $60 through 8-10– $70 through 8-27– $80 after that–
Military, Fire and Police Discount: $5 discount via mail in entry only. Please send copy of ID and have ID available at packet pickup.