Aug. 12, 2023
8 am start
This is event #5 in the Texas 5k 6-Pack Beer Challenge
3525 N. Frazier St. Conroe, Texas 77303, https://www.southernstarbrewing.com/
- Click here to register online
Follow this event on Facebook!
Get the latest race news and updates when you click here to follow!
Montgomery County Toys for Tots
About The Southern Star Brewing Co. 5K
Starts and finishes at the very cool, very hip Southern Star Brewing Co. One water stop at the 1.5 mile point will be manned by Toys for Tots. Walker friendly! Once you’re done running, hit the tasting area to collect your souvenir pint glass and enjoy up to four 8-oz. tastings of Southern Star beer!
What you get for the buck:
Your entry includes a custom finisher glass, four 8-oz tastings of Southern Star’s finest, an official race performance fabric T-shirt, and a well-marked and supported course. Also:
- Chip timing
- Free race photos available online after the race
- Food trucks available for anyone wishing to purchase tasty food after the run!
- The chance to win a competitive award OR a prize in our random drawings!
- Strollers welcome!
- $55 entry through July 12
- $60 through July 29
- $65 after that
NEW! Under 21 registration (includes the option for a cotton T-shirt in youth sizes and souvenir finisher glass)
- $45 entry through July 12
- $50 through July 29
- $55 after that
Top male and female overall and master (40 and up) winners will receive custom awards designed just for beer lovers! Custom awards also go to the top three male and female in the following age groups: 19 & Under, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69 and 70 and up. YOU WILL LOVE THESE AWARDS. We will hold a random drawing for souvenir awards AFTER the competitive award ceremony.
Starts and finishes at Southern Star Brewery and runs through shady Sunset Ridge neighborhood and back to the brewery. One water stop at the half way point will be manned by enthusiastic Toys for Tots Marine veterans.
Packet Pick Up
- Southern Star Brewing Friday Race week from 4-7PM and
- Race day at Southern Star from 6:30-8AM
It’s free and there’s plenty of it. Please follow all pre-race instructions and directions from police and/or volunteers on race day.
Please direct all questions to email@example.com or ask at the event Facebook page. We will try to answer all questions in a timely manner. Please do not call the brewery with 5K questions.
2022 RESULTS!!! Congrats Runners!!!
2021 RESULTS!!! Congrats Runners!!!
2019 RESULTS!!! Congrats Runners!!!
RACE DETAILS FOR RUNNERS!
(emailed to registered runners on 8/10):
Howdy Southern Star Beer Runner!
The 2022 Southern Star Brewing Co. 5k is hurtling towards us like a falling Star about to hit the earth! Below are some bits of information and requests that will make your 5K run and post-race experience go smoothly and enjoyably, enabling you to thrive during the event.
- Like the Southern Star 5k event page on Facebook. We’ll post any news and updates leading up to race day here.
- We’re collecting toys for Toys for Tots! This race benefits Marines Toys for Tots Montgomery County. Please consider bringing a brand new toy (no gift wrap please) or make a donation. Marines vets and spouses will be working our water stop. Be sure to thank them.
- Packet pick up: You have 3 opportunties to pick up your packet: THURSDAY Aug. 11 from 11AM-1PM at Cricket Wireless at 4400 North Fwy Spc A200, Houston, TX 77022 from 11AM-1PM; FRIDAY Aug. 12 from 4-7PM at Southern Star Brewing; and RACE DAY at Southern Star, 6:30-7:50AM. On race day give yourself a good amount of time to park, pick up packets, hit the potties and get to the start.
- Please have proper ID at packet pick up to show that you are of legal drinking age, i.e. 21 years old or older. Our bibs are numbered so that minors have a certain range of numbers. It would also be a good idea to have your ID handy at beer tasting. Servers may ask for your ID since you all look so young.
- Parking for early birdswill be at the brewery. We will fill up the main parking area around the actual brewery with the early birds. Then we will park on grass along the LOOOONG brewery driveway until we get to Frazier St, at which point brewery parking will be FULL. If you show up later than 7AM plan on parking OUTSIDE THE BREWERY. The good folks at Wholesale Electric (3705 N Frazier St) right next door (north side) to the brewery and the fine folks at Dennis Collision (3600 N Frazier St) are allowing us to use their parking lots for overflow parking. So with all these lots we should be good to go. If not, there are plenty of other safe and legal options close by if those lots are full.
- One last thing about parking: Please, if you see vehicles parking along the drive way into the brewery DO NOT try to get a “better” spot closer to the brewery. They will all be taken and you will have a very difficult time turning around.
- Porta Potties: We will have 5 units near race day check in at Southern Star Brewery. The brewery also has men and women restrooms on the 1st floor and upstairs by the tasting room.
- Dogs and Strollers: Love ‘em, can’t get enough of ‘em but please start at the back of the pack so the speedy can do their thing. Please pick up after your dog. We are running through a neighborhood so let’s leave it as beautiful as it was before we got there.
- Timing Chips: These are disposable and attached to your bib. Just be sure your bib is attached to your shirt on race day.
- A pre-race warmup will take place around 7:40 a.m. and be led Pathway Training.
- Race start: We will start the race in three waves to help runners space out a bit; please listen for instructions at the start.
- 5K Route: The event will be led by a handsome gentleman on a golf cart and traffic monitored by Conroe Police so just follow the guy on the golf cart and our superior signage and course markings and you should make it back just fine. Always be on the lookout for traffic.
- Post-Race Party: After you cross the finish line and cool down, you can go to any Southern Star beer serving stations, either outdoors or in the tasting room, to collect your glass and your 4 x 8oz tastings. Please bring your bib with you and use the tear away tabs for tasting. You have 4 tabs on your bib. One of the tabs is good for your souvenir finisher glass AND an 8oz tasting, the other three get you 3 x 8oz more. Bottled water and bottled sports drink will be available near the finish.
- Food: So Brunchy will be our event food truck, serving up delicious food in the Southern Star beer garden for those wishing to purchase food. Check them out here!
- Awards: Please plan to stick around for the award ceremony, around 9AM. We will have results posted online – look for the QR code posted in places near the start/finish and be sure to check results for accuracy. If there are any issues please report them to our timer at the finish line.
- Random Drawing! After competitive awards are handed out, we will conduct our extremely popular random drawing where we will hand out fabulous race souvenirs. So DON’T LEAVE EARLY!
- If you are part of the Run In Texas 5k 6-Pack Beer Challenge, welcome to the 6th event in the series! There are still 3 more brewery 5ks this year that will help you complete a full 6-pack of brewery 5ks. It’s not too late to register for the 6-Pack and receive a finisher medal for completing 6 or more races. Go to www.RunInTexas.com/sixer for details.
- Please thank the Marines Toys for Tots volunteers and support our sponsors. They make it all possible. A big thank you to Cricket Wireless, Southern Star, Pathway Training, Moore Relief Dermaceuticals, the City of Conroe and ALL OF YOU.
It should be a fantastic morning. Thank you for joining us! Have fun!
Run in Texas