AN UPDATE ON THE STESTI BREWING CO. 5k BEER TRAIL RUN:
We love this brewery and we think you will too. However, because we did not have enough early signups to make it financially feasible for us to cover costs for the event, there have been some changes.
The good news: YOU CAN STILL RUN AT STESTI ON OCT. 14. However, it will be scaled back to a â€œfun runâ€ format and staged by the folks at Stesti Brewing Company with some guidance and support from us.
If you have already registered, you will receive a refund of your entry fee from Run In Texas. As an apology for the inconvenience, you can still run for FREE at the event and receive a cotton T-shirt, post-race beer tasting and brewery tours. Please note that the run will now begin at 9 a.m.
Not registered but still want to run? Hereâ€™s what to do:
- Show up at Stesti Brewing Co. on race day to register. With these changes, race day registration starts at 8 a.m. and the race now starts at 9 a.m.
- Registration is FREE. All runners will enjoy beautiful trails, support on the course, water and sports drink, post-race beer tasting, breakfast snacks and brewery tours. Keep in mind that this is a laid back fun run, and there will be no shirts, awards or chip timing.
- If you are registered for the Texas 5k 6-Pack Challenge, completing this race will still count toward your 6-Pack goal.
- Please consider making a donation to the Hispaniola Medical Charity, the non-profit partner for the event. They do amazing work in one of the most impoverished places on earth.
- Directions and information can be found at stestibrewingcompany.com or on Stestiâ€™s Facebook page. For more information call 832-452-8575.
- Runners are invited to make a day of it and stay for a Stesti Open House starting at 3 p.m., with music and food available at 4 p.m.
Our sincere apologies for the changes, but we hope you will still come out to this beautiful venue and enjoy a good run and some great beer.
Questions? Email us at info@RunInTexas.com.