Health and Safety Precautions
To ensure the safety of all runners, volunteers and staff, Run In Texas is taking precautionary measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19. These are some of the measures that will be taken at each event for the foreseeable future. Individual events may have additional precautions â€“ specific details will be listed on each event page.
- Please wear a face mask at packet pickup, at the start and finish area or anywhere you cannot maintain social distance from others not in your household (but not while running or walking).
- Chip timing using disposable timing chips only to minimize contact between volunteers and runners and allow for a staggered starts.
- Starting runners in smaller groups to help maintain social distancing.
- Hand sanitizer will be available for use at multiple locations throughout each event.
- Online posting of preliminary results during the event to maintain social distancing.
- And other measures to reduce potential exposure.
WE CANâ€™T DO IT WITHOUT YOU! Please help protect yourself and others by doing the following:
- Stay home if you are not feeling well, if you are experiencing symptoms of respiratory illness including fever, cough or shortness of breath; if you have been in contact with someone diagnosed with COVID-19; or if you are at increased risk from COVID-19.
- Throughout the event, please practice social distancing of at least 6 feet from others. Give each other space in packet pickup lines, beer lines, the starting chute, etc.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, mouth or face.
- Please sanitize your hands frequently â€“ there will be plenty of opportunity to do so at each event.
- If you have a choice to run fast in a pack of other runners or run a little more slowly and give yourself and others space, please choose maintaining space around you.
With your help and cooperation, we can get Texas running again!