Posted on by admin
We hope you and your loved ones are safe and healthy. This is an extraordinary and stressful situation that is forcing many changes to plans, so we wanted to let you know about changes to the Run In Texas race calendar.
We have rescheduled dates for 5 races originally slated for March, April and May:
- 5 Stones Brewing Co. 5k Beer Run (New Braunfels) NEW DATE: July 11, 2020
- South Padre Island Sand Crab 5k/10k/Kid Mile Nighttime Beach Runs (South Padre Island) NEW DATE: Sept. 5, 2020.
- No Label Brewing Co. 1st Street 5k (Katy) NEW DATE: Sept. 12, 2020
- Texas 2-Way Torture Test 20-Mile Relay/10 Mile Solo Trail Run (Johnson City) NEW DATE: Sept. 19, 2020
- Galveston Island Brewing Co 5K Beer Run (Galveston) NEW DATE: Oct. 3, 2020
- Texas Flower Country Women’s 5K/10K, (Fredericksburg) NEW DATE: Oct. 24, 2020
Here’s what you need to know if you are already signed up for one of these races:
- Your entry will automatically transfer over to the new date. You don’t have to do anything but show up on the new date.
- If you are unable to attend on the new date, you will receive a credit for the value of your race registration, which you can apply to any other Run In Texas event. This credit will be valid for one calendar year from the original date of the event. Email info@RunInTexas.com to let us know which event you’d like to transfer your entry to.
- You can defer your entry to the same race next year. Dates are not yet final for 2021, but we anticipate returning to the original timeframe for each annual event. Email us at info@RunInTexas.com to let us know you’d like to defer your entry and we will transfer your entry to the 2021 event.
- There are no refunds for existing registrations, but we will do whatever we can to accommodate you at another event.
PLEASE NOTE: If you decide to transfer your entry to another race, it’s to your advantage to do so as early as possible to help ensure you get the shirt size of your choice. We order shirts well in advance of each event so if you register closer to the event, your preferred shirt size may not be available.
If you are NOT signed up for any of the races on the 2020 Run In Texas calendar: Registration remains open for all of our 2020 events, so feel free to sign up and make plans for better days!
To those in the 2020 Texas 5k 6-Pack Beer Challenge
Three runs in the 2020 Texas 5k 6-Pack Beer Challenge are being rescheduled: the 5 Stones Artisan Brewery 5k (now taking place July 11), the No Label Brewing 1st Street 5k (now taking place Sept. 12) and the Galveston Island Brewing Co. 5k (rescheduled for Oct. 3). If you cannot make the new dates:
1. We will have wild card events to help you complete your 6-Pack in 2020 to receive your finisher medal. If you cannot participate in the 5 Stones, No Label or Galveston Island Brewing races on their new dates, we will transfer your entry to a Wild Card event so you can run at no additional cost. Wild Card events are brewery runs that are not included in the 6-Pack Challenge lineup, but count toward your 6-Pack when you register and run. We are working on scheduling Wild Card events right now.
2. You can run either the 5 Stones Brewery 5k, No Label 1st Street 5k or Galveston Island Brewing Co. 5k VIRTUALLY. You will not be eligible for awards, but you will receive your bib and T-shirt. Email us with your time and you will receive credit for the race that counts toward completion of your 6-Pack. (alas, we cannot offer you your pint glass or beer with this option, so we hope to see you in person).
This is an unprecedented situation for all of us, so thank you for your patience and flexibility. We look forward to seeing you at a race soon.
Run In Texas